Created by OMC Designer Jill
Tim Holtz : Distress Stain – Old Paper
Tim Holtz : Distress Ink – Vintage Photo
American Crafts & Pebbles Inc. : Let Freedom Ring Paper, Folded Paper Stars
Sizzix : eclips cartridge – Decorate Your Life
Wood Designs : Wood Blocks 3″ x 3″ x 3″ (Set of Four)
Deco Flat Wire: Red
1. Stain each block with the distress stain.
2. Cut out the letters “USA” approximately 2.5″ tall. Also cut out the shadow letters for “USA” using coordinating papers.
3. Ink the edges of the letters with the distress ink to make them look old and weathered.
4. Coat the front of the block with Mod Podge and use it to adhere the shadow part of the letter. Let dry completely! Do this for each letter.
5. Paint another coat of Mod Podge on the front and attach the letter over the shadow. Let dry completely.
6. Paint a final coat of Mod Podge over the entire block to give it a shiny finish.
7. Drill a hole in the top of the “S” block approximately ¼” wide.
8. Twist the flat red wire around a pencil and then attach a folded paper star to the end. Push the wire down into the hole. After you have done this with all three stars and wires they should be snug in the hole. Flare the wires out to make it look like they are shooting out of the block of wood!